The 12th Webinar on the EO AFRICA R&D Facility Webinar Series is now available in our YouTube channel: Use of Remote Sensing to Insure against the Peril Drought The webinar provides insights concerning the developed EO-based insurance model that utilizes
- Face to Face course on Agricultural Drought Monitoring from Space | Date: November 6 – 9, 2023 | Cape Town, South Africa | In this course, participants will get an introduction on how to use satellite imagery for the purpose of agricultural drought monitoring at various spatial scales, ranging from continental to field scale.
- Face to Face course on Assessing vegetation dynamics from space with cloud-based EO analyses | Date: November 19 – 23, 2023 | Cairo, Egypt | In this course, participants will get an introduction to cloud-based techniques for assessing vegetation dynamics with Earth Observation data.
- Use of Remote Sensing to Insure against the Peril Drought | September 19, 2023, 14:00 CET | Online webinar with live-chat | The webinar will provide insights concerning the developed EO-based insurance model that utilizes NDVI-imagery to quantitatively assess occurring agronomic droughts. As a business model, since 2018, the Vegetation Index Crop Insurance (VICI) scheme is successfully in use by various Ethiopian organizations.
- Face to Face course on Soil Moisture and Inland Water Monitoring with Satellite Radar | October 16 – 20, 2023 | Dar es Salaam, Tanzania | This course is covering the general concepts of radar remote sensing, how radar/microwaves interact with soil and vegetation, soil moisture retrieval with satellite radar, and the concept of zenith radar altimetry.
An interesting article in which Dr. Serkan Girgin from the EO AFRICA R&D Consortium, together with Dr. Marloes Penning de Vries, PI of one of our Research Projects, elaborate on the role of Open Science as an integral part of
- Crop Monitoring and Yield Estimation from Space | September 4 – 29, 2023 | Online course with live-chat | The ever-increasing spatial resolution offered by the newest generation of satellite sensors allow us to monitor agricultural production at the scale of an individual parcel and to quantitatively estimate or predict productivity.
The 11th Webinar on the EO AFRICA R&D Facility Webinar Series is now available in our YouTube channel: Surface Soil Moisture products at continental scale The webinar gives an overview of high-resolution (1 km) satellite soil moisture data sets available