EO AFRICA R&D Facility is announcing: EO AFRICA R&D Research Projects – Awarded Proposals (First Call) Evaluation of the Proposals 62 proposals were received from 23 African and 16 European countries. Each proposal was reviewed by 2 domain experts for
- EO AFRICA Initiative | Tuesday – 24.05.2022, 03:20 PM | Agora SAPIENS, World Conference Center Bonn | The EO AFRICA Initiative will be explained and discussed during the Agora session of the ESA Living Planet Symposium next 24 of May in Bonn. Join us for an interesting roundtable-type discussion in which key representative of the Advisory Board and other African institutions will analyze the progress and define the future development of the EO AFRICA Initiative.
- 3rd edition of the DLR/ESA open PolInSAR training course | May 2 – July 8, 2022 | Online | Great opportunity to understand multi-parameter SAR data: The DLR-HR PolinSAR course offers a comprehensive training on SAR-based technics (PolSAR, InSAR, PolISAR, TomoSAR). This will be also an excellent opportunity for the users of our Innovation Lab to practice the cloud-based computing skills learnt, with a different platform. Places are limited but members of the EO AFRICA Community are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Face to Face course on Cloud Computing and Algorithms for EO Analyses | June 20 – 24, 2022 | Royal Hôtel Rabat, Rabat, Morocco | Introduction to Cloud Computing and its usage for Earth Observation (EO) data analyses.
The 4th Webinar on the EO AFRICA R&D Facility Webinar Series is now available in our YouTube channel: Evapotranspiration from space This webinar is devoted to evapotranspiration (ET) monitoring with Earth Observation (EO) satellites. The webinar has the following parts:
- Face to Face course on Earth Observations for Water Resources Assessment and Monitoring | May 15–19, 2022 | Erata Hotel, Accra, Ghana | Introduction to cloud-based image analysis techniques for surface water resources assessment and monitoring with a focus on surface water bodies and wetland dynamics.
The 3rd Webinar on the EO AFRICA R&D Facility Webinar Series is now available in our YouTube channel: Software Tools for Earth Observation analyses This webinar provides an overview of existing open-source tools for processing data coming from different satellite
- Water and Energy budgets from Space | April 18 – May 13, 2022 | Online course with live-chat | Satellite Earth observation, hydro-meteorological modelling and data assimilation provide a powerful combination for quantifying hydroclimatic variables to effectively address water management issues in this online course, an introduction will be given to the theory and techniques to observe the water and energy cycle variables form space.
- Introduction to Precipitation from Spac | April 20, 2022, 14:00 CET | Online webinar with live-chat | This webinar introduces rainfall observations obtained from satellites using the visible, thermal infrared and microwave parts of the electromagnetic spectrum and blending routines applied, using qualitative and quantitative approaches.
- Evapotranspiration from space | March 25, 2022, 14:00 CET | Online webinar with live-chat | This webinar is devoted to evapotranspiration (ET) monitoring with Earth Observation (EO) satellites.