- Surface Flood Modelling Supported by Cloud-Based RS & GIS | January 29 – February 23, 2024 | Online course with live-chat | Optical imagery supports a more natural identification of water bodies and digital elevation models add to the identification of potential flood areas. This course will review all these concepts and add a foundational but complete layer on surface water modelling using a full 2D version of HECRAS free software.
The 15th Webinar on the EO AFRICA R&D Facility Webinar Series is now available in our YouTube channel: Accessing cloud services using openEO and additional data processing capabilities offered by ILWISPy The EO Africa program has been making use of
For publishing Africa-oriented EO research results, we are editing a special issue of the International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation: African EO Challenges and Solutions in Water Scarcity and Food Security – Mapping the Environment We encourage our
To support the development of the roadmap of the EO AFRICA R&D Facility for 2024-2026 We launched a questionnaire in 2021, which helped define the user needs of the African EO community. Our scientific field is developing very quickly, so
- Accessing cloud services using openEO and additional data processing capabilities offered by ILWISPy | Tuesday, 9 January, 2024, 11:00 CET (GMT+1) | Online webinar with live-chat | This webinar starts with the use of the Innovation Lab in conjunction with openEO / ILWISPy to access and process also data obtained from other cloud based data repositories.
The 14th Webinar on the EO AFRICA R&D Facility Webinar Series is now available in our YouTube channel: Crop mapping in Zankalon, Egypt using different ML classifiers in Python Accurate information about agriculture and crops is essential for informed decision-making
The 13th Webinar on the EO AFRICA R&D Facility Webinar Series is now available in our YouTube channel: Parcel-based crop monitoring from space The ever-increasing spatial resolution offered by the newest generation of satellite sensors allows us to monitor agricultural
- Face to Face course on Parcel-based Crop Monitoring from Space | Date: January 22 – 26, 2024 | Université Cheikh Anta Diop de Dakar, Dakar, Senegal | Get ready to take part in this 5-day training with colleagues from all over the continent and learn how to tackle the challenges of Food Security by exploiting high resolution satellite observations to monitor crop production at individual field scale. The course consists of presentations and practical exercises in Python.
- Crop mapping in Zankalon, Egypt using different ML classifiers in Python | December 6, 2023, 14:00 CET (GMT+1) | Online webinar with live-chat | In this webinar the introduction and overview of the machine learning algorithms and classifiers will be provided with a special focus on supervised ML methods such as: Random Forest, Support Vector Machines and unsupervised ML methods such as K-means.
- Parcel-based crop monitoring from space | Wednesday, 29 November, 2023, 14:00 CET (GMT+1) | Online webinar with live-chat | This webinar will provide insights into the possibilities, limitations and remaining challenges related to high-resolution crop monitoring. Together we will explore which information can be derived from these satellite observations, including parcel extent, crop type, phenology, biomass production and crop stress.